Thursday 10 March 2011

Staying in a library; a prize is offered

I am going to a wedding in New York in July, and have booked myself into a hotel that thinks it's a library. The Library Hotel on Madison and Vine is organised according to the Dewey system of book classification. I have booked (sorry)a 'petite single' so presumably will find myself sleeping in a tiny room devoted to The Borrowers, or Little Grey Rabbit. The wedding is on Saturday July 16 at the New York Botanical Gardens. A prize book of the winner's choice to the value of £25 to the reader who guesses most nearly the name of my room. NB There can be no dirty tricks because I myself do not know and will not know until I check in on the evening of Fri July 15 the name of my room. And I may be offered an upgrade to - what ? The Diary of a Provincial Lady? Mrs Dalloway? Miss Buncle, Married.....

No comments:

Post a Comment